Current Location: Levi Jackson State Park, London, Kentucky
Malcolm’s half of our theater seating unit had broken right before we left Wetumpka. This morning while waiting for the hot water tank (that we forget to turn on yesterday) to heat up, Malcolm decided to disassemble the recliner and see what was broken. The whole seating unit is in three pieces (two seats and the center console) screwed down to two boards to hold it all together.
Malcolm removed just the one seat and took it apart on the floor. He determined where it was broken. The box section under the seat had pulled loose on one corner where they only use long staples to hold it together. He decided he would get some L-brackets at the hardware store later in the day and shore it up that way.
After showers, we headed to Cumberland Falls State Park where we had lunch at the lodge and drove down to the falls to get some pictures. Afterwards, we drove back to London and stopped by Lowe’s for hardware for the chair. While there, we found some of the Smart Tile peel-and-stick gel tiles that we liked and never got around to getting for our former trailer. We picked up a few packages and took them home with us.
Malcolm got the chair shored up and put back together. We also screwed the whole thing down to the floor of the slide with a longer screw than the factory did. The factory screws penetrated the carpet, but not the floor of the slide. So now the theater seating won’t slide around when we travel.
With the chair fixed, Malcolm moved on to the backsplash in the kitchen. He started on the right and worked right to left since the tiles overlap.
With the kitchen out of the way, Val could start cooking dinner. While she was doing that, Malcolm started on the bathroom backsplash, completing one of two walls.
Malcolm decided to tackle the next project – moving the light switches from behind the sink (see photo, above) to just inside the doorway. It’s difficult to find the light switches in the dark since they are black and located right next to the switches for the overhead fan. It makes more sense to have them right inside the door like you would expect.
Once the wiring is done, Malcolm can finish putting up the backsplash and use it to cover the hole where the light switch used to be. He started on that project this evening with his brother’s assistance (David came over to visit for a while) but ran out of wire, so he closed everything up and will work on the remainder tomorrow.